Green Tea Youth Acting Company
SWEET TEA SHAKESPEARE’S YOUTH ACTING COMPANY IS NOT JUST ANOTHER ACTING CLASS OR AFTER-SCHOOL THEATER PROGRAM.
Our youth acting companies give your child the skills to be a successful actor and a leader. Green Tea Students Will Gain:
- Positive Impact on Mental Health
- Connection & Belonging
- Confidence and Empathy
- Public Speaking
- A Love of Language
Students will collaborate alongside theater professionals as our teachers foster a caring, nurturing, and peaceful environment. Your child will be encouraged to be kind, respectful, and a role model for others.
Read more on the positive impact Green Tea can have on youth mental health here.
- Monthly workshops and ensemble sessions, currently held in-person in Fayetteville, North Carolina, to work on personal and ensemble development with a dedicated instructor.
- A production afternoon/evening camp experience in the Fall and Spring based on a classic title chosen with students.
- Access to acting classes, workshops, and interviews with STS and other theater professionals.
- College, community, and professional audition and portfolio prep.
- Participation in STS main stage performances.
- Free tickets for all STS performances.
- Guaranteed membership in the STS adult company upon successful completion of Green Tea programming.
- Apprenticeships, Internships, and observing experiences in STS rehearsals with professional actors and musicians.
- Green Tea youth acting company provides theatre experience for students from ages 8-17.
- $40 per month
- Includes access to all programming throughout the year.
- Discounts for Military Families as part of our Blue Star Theatres program ($10 off per student!)
- Multi-child discounts are available ($10 off per family!)
- Covers all monthly tuition costs.
- Nominal fees for things like t-shirts may apply.
Past productions include Twelfth Night, Timon of Athens, Julius Caesar, The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis, The Sea Voyage by Beaumont and Fletcher, and Romeo & Juliet.
“LOVE IS THE STRONGEST CHOICE.”
At Sweet Tea Shakespeare, we believe in love. Love for the text, for the artists, and for the audience. When confronted with any challenge in these wonderful texts, we seek to see how far choosing love will get us.